Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tri Four Done!




I just finished the most hard core trimester ever in the MBA program! I took Managerial Accounting, Supply Chain Management, and New Product Development, all of which were super quant heavy courses. I think my mind is about to explode from all that math!

Managerial Accounting and SCM were both case based and provided a lot of insights in to actual operations at companies like P&G, ZARA, Whole Foods, etc.

New Product Development was by far my favorite. We covered conjoin analysis, customer preference and perception mapping, and pricing/bundling. It was pretty intense, but I loved the material and the tools it provided to know how to launch a new product in the market. We learned how giants like P&G, AMEX, and the like prepare to launch products.

It was a super challenging trimester, but definitely worth it! Only two more to go!

3 comments:

  1. Haha..... I wanna hear about your AMEX experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Ready to manage a Taco Bell yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the worst semester is the 2nd to last.... You can do it, though, Josh!

    My hope is that despite the intense amounts of math you experienced, you won't start referring to people and experiences in Calculus terms.... haha!

    ReplyDelete