Monday, August 8, 2011

Last Week of the Internship!

Believe it or not, my nine week internship is about to end this Friday! It has been an absolute blast! I've really enjoyed the people, the function, the culture, and the company. Competitive Intelligence has been my role in the ATM channel and it has involved market research and partner updates with in the echannels at BofA. I've met many team members in various roles to do information gathering and idea generation. It has also involved conducting independent research on using primary, secondary, and internal resources.

Navigating BAC's matrixed environment has been really interesting as you are encouraged to network within the 300, 000 employee company. Most of the jobs are very dependent on collaborating with other associates and I found that true in my position. It was fun learning about new people and their roles and how to team with them on a project. I was also able to meet with the other full-time MBA's and learn about their experience in the Leadership Development Program.

I had a lot of fun with the other MBA interns as we created a intern social committee and planned activities for pretty much every day of the week! It was great to build relationships with interns from all over the country in various roles.

Tomorrow I give a presentation with three other interns to our program managers, direct managers, and executive champion. On Wednesday, I give my project presentation to my executive. This week is going to be intense!

The internship has been an awesome experience and I'm really glad I took the opportunity. Now I just have to find out if I get a full time offer! Time to cross you fingers!

1 comment:

  1. But will this blog move make you actually blog more?

    ReplyDelete