Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My New MacBook Air

So I sold my old MacBook Pro and upgraded to the recently released MacBook Air and it is super legit! When the first MacBook Airs were released in 2008, they were pretty groundbreaking in terms of their size and weight. Just under three pounds and only 0.11" thick at its thinnest point. While these puppies were aesthetically pleasing, the processors inside were very slow. Their first major update last year beefed up the horsepower and they began to become more like real computers, but not quite there yet. Apple then recently released the newest versions with the new Intel Dual Core i5 and i7's. Those chips are from last years MacBook Pro's, so now the Airs are on par with being a fully functional laptop. Plus they introduced the backlight keyboard for the first time on the Airs (trust me that was huge).

I've been very pleased with it's performance and my mind has been blown (figuratively, not literally as a friend of mine would say) by how light it really is. It will be a great companion for my last year of b-school. Here's to Apple for developing another breakthrough product!

1 comment:

  1. Darn, I just bought you photoshop... guess i'll return it now since your computer can't run it

    ReplyDelete